Note for navigation system users
The silver-coloured RWI 4 Tower of Völklinger Str. 4 is directly adjacent to the Stadttor which can also be entered as an alternative destination. Regardless of which direction you come from, you should be guided through the Rheinufertunnel which consists of two tunnels, one immediately after the other.
- If you are arriving from the North (city centre, Essen),
you should turn left after the first tunnel.
- If you are arriving from the South (Wuppertal, Cologne, Mönchengladbach),
you should turn right after the first tunnel to the RWI 4 Tower. You will find a parking site in front of the building.
- From the North take the A1 Autobahn from Hamburg-Bremen or the A2 from Hanover.
- From the East take the A44 from Kassel.
- From the South, the A3 from Frankfurt.
- From the West there are a number of options: the A44 and A46 via Aachen from Belgium, Luxembourg or southern Netherlands; from the northern Netherlands use the A3, A44, A52 or A61.
Download route description in German [pdf | 1,14 mb]